1) Extend and lock the AIROD.
2) Lube the AIROD and endotracheal tube (ETT).
3) Load a ≥6.5 ETT from the bulbous tip.
4) Shape to accommodate airway anatomy.
5) Insert any video or direct laryngoscope.
6) Lift the epiglottis with the tip of the AIROD.
7) Advance the AIROD 2 cm past the vocal cords.
8) Slide the ETT into the trachea and inflate balloon.
9) Remove the AIROD and laryngoscope.
DO NOT USE THE AIROD IN CHILDREN.
DO NOT PROCEED IF THE AIROD IS NOT FULLY EXTENDED AND LOCKED.
Complications associated with the misuse of the AIROD during endotracheal intubation may include:
Oropharyngeal trauma, broken teeth, esophageal perforation, and pneumothorax.
I attest that I have read and understand the above instructions. I have watched the instructional video demonstrating the proper technique of endotracheal intubation with the AIROD located on the website at AIRODmedical.com.